The one-story, frame structure with raised basement was constructed as a stable for Burnside, the Paul Cameron house located on South Cameron Street, and was converted to a residence around 1980 [HDC]. The building has a brick foundation laid in a one-to-three common bond and modern windows and doors were placed in original openings in the brick. The main level is frame with board-and-batten sheathing and a low- pitched, asphalt-shingled, hipped roof. New double-hung, wood-sash windows have been installed throughout the main level including arched windows on the west elevation. There is an interior brick chimney and a modern wood deck on the north elevation. A c. 1974 photo shows the building prior to its conversion to a residence, with a weatherboard-covered shed-roofed section along the south elevation. This section was been reconstructed in 1992 to resemble an enclosed porch on high brick piers with an inset screened porch at the southwest corner, a low gable centered on the south elevation, and two projecting bays.
Coachman’s Quarters, c. 1830, c. 2010 – One-story, brick building laid in a one-to-three common bond with sand mortar was likely built concurrent with the Stable Haven and, according to the current owner, served as a residence for the Cameron’s coachman. The building had fallen into ruin and was missing its roof and chimneystack when the current owner carefully restored the building around 2010. The one-room building now features six-over-six wood-sash windows, a batten door on the east elevation, a reconstructed chimney, and a metal roof with exposed rafters. The interior features wide-plank wood flooring, an exposed wood ceiling, and a renovated fireplace.