09.24.19 (G. Kueber)
(Below from Carrboro Commercial District NR Nomination, 1984)
One-story brick commercial building. Flat roof with terra cotta tile coping; recessed corbelled brick panels above a molded metal cornice. Storefont has been reworked with large metal trimmed plate glass display windows and suspended metal canopy. Original brick laid in one to six bond; replacement brick laid in running bond. This site was originally occupied by a small frame grocery store which, along with the Miles Andrews House (106-C East Main Street), survived the 1924 fire which destroyed most of this end of the block. Hearn's Grocery was originally located here before moving next door into a newly constructed brick building in 1924. For many year M.W. Andrews and W.A. Riggsbee operated their "Jot 'Em Down" Store in the frame building, and later in this brick bulding which they had constructed c. 1940. (The frame building was razed at an undetermined date.; it appears on the 1932 Sanborn Map, the last series available for the town.) Andrews and Riggsbee's store was a combination grocery, hardware and confectionary store. Currently, the brick building houses a furniture store.