1966 (Hillsborough General Development Plan 1968-1988)
(Below in italics is from the National Register listing; not verified for accuracy by this author.)
Constructed as early as 1900, this one-story, brick commercial building has a flat roof behind a parapet that steps down toward the rear of the building. The sides of the building are laid in a one-to-seven common bond while the façade is laid in a running bond. The storefront was restored in 2005 and features a centered recessed entrance and a replacement nine-light-over-four-panel door with a boarded-up transom. It is flanked by plate-glass windows in copper frames on a low brick knee wall. A four-light transom spans the entire storefront and there is a recessed sign panel on the parapet. There is an entrance and loading bay near the rear of the right (west) elevation. An asphalt-shingled pent roof was constructed over the storefront in the 1980s, but was removed in 2005 when the storefront was restored. The 1894 Sanborn map shows a smaller building on this lot. However, the 1900 Sanborn map illustrate a building similar to the one that now stands at 109 W. King St. It was shown as a drug store in 1900 and a jeweler in 1911.
07.02.2016 (G. Kueber)
Finally, a property that has removed the nasty pent roof. The NR author makes the mistake on all of the West King buildings of stating that the pent roofs were put on in the 1980s, vs. the 1960s.