Once part of the A. B. Roberson/O. B. Barnes property (circa 1917). Sold to Pattie Hopkins in 1941, then to Lonnie Rigsbee in 1944.
The building was built in the late 1940s or in the 1950s.
It was vacant from 1957 to 1961. In 1962, it was occupied by the Church of God of Prophecy.
Opened as Lizzie Mae's Southern Kitchen (owned/operated by Lizzie Mae Collins) on August 21, 1992; sometime later in the 1990s it became Walt's Grill. The downstairs is still Walt's Grill, and the upstairs is currently Ms. Molly's Gift Shop. The property is till owned by the Rigsbee family.
Lizzie Mae Collins, 1993 (via DTH)
Michael Brown painted a mural on the north side of Walt's in the mid 1990s (it was painted over rather recently, however).
2008 (photo by Laura Shmania)
View east, June 2019 (photo via Google Streetview)
View south east, sans mural, June 2019 (photo via Google Streetview)