1937 (H. Lee Waters - via State Archives of NC)
From the National Register nomination:
This two-story, brick structure was erected on the site of an earlier structure. The building features two replacement storefronts separated by brick pilasters that extend the full height of the building to the corbelled brick cornice. The left (south) storefront has a wide one-light door with transom and a thirty-five-light display window and is topped by a two-part multi-light transom and a wood cornice. The right (north) storefront has a centered recessed entrance with paired fifteen-light French doors beneath a one-light transom. The entrance is flanked by forty-light display windows and a three-part multi-light transom spans the entire storefront which is shaded by a fabric awning. Six-over-six wood-sash windows at the second-floor level have molded wood headers and there are two basketweave brick sign panels on the cornice. The parapet steps down toward the rear (west). There are six-over-six wood-sash windows with three-light transoms on the first-floor level of the south (West Margaret Street) elevation, six-over-six windows at the second-floor level, paired fifteen-light French doors with a multi-light transom at the west end, and an attached brick planter along the sidewalk. Sanborn maps show various uses of the site before 1924. The current structure was likely completed around 1930.
March 1983. (NCSHPO via Tom Campanella/builtbrooklyn.org)
Signs in the window above say "Threads Unlimited | Handmade Clothes" as well as "Dolly's Place"
07.31.2016 (G. Kueber)
Interestingly, all of the side windows were cut in after 1983, when they replaced the front ones with abundantly-muntined windows.
As of 2016, the first floor houses Bandidos, a Mexican restaurant of the gooey enchilada and giant burrito variety - it appears to have been at this location since ~2006.