This one-story brick building was built in 1923-1924 by/for Cleveland L. Lindsay. Its original dimensions were nine feet wide by 50 feet deep (!).
1925 Sanborn map excerpt (the store at #411)
Just beyond the "Carrboro Cash Store" and before the Pure service station, view north east, 1953 (via Mack Watts collection)
View north west, August 2019 (via Google Streetview)
The building has been a barber or hair salon at least since the 1990s, with perhaps the most "famous" business being "Cool Breeze."
March 6, 1924 Chapel Hill Weekly