First subdivided circa 1910, this property was part of the Herbert Lloyd Property.
Then it was The Chapel Hill News Leader Co., Inc.
(publishers) and The Chapel Hill News Leader
(the newspaper) building. It ceased publication in 1959.
View northwest, October 1961 (photo by Roland Giduz)
By February 1982, it was Foreign Car Service auto repair.
Since 1988 it has been a surplus store, now known as Surplus Sid's. owned and operated by Barry Keith.
View northwest (via Google Streetview)