07.18.2016 (G. Kueber)
OC survey text from hmw preservation, 2017:
"One of the few examples of a Period Cottage in West Hillsborough, this one-and-a-half story brick house is defined by details such as an arched door in an asymmetrical gabled entrance wing accessed by a half-round brick stair, gabled dormers, a stepped chimney on the west elevation, and a decorative basketweave watertable. County tax records indicate that it was built in 1944, though the parsonage for the Eno Methodist Church was likely constructed about 1938 when the church acquired additional lots and moved and remodeled the church building. The house was owned by the church until 2015. The one-and-a-half story, side-gabled, brick period cottage is three bays wide and double-pile, with a projecting bay on the northern end of the west elevation, and a gabled rear ell at the northeast. The house has a brick foundation and veneer, except for the gable ends and dormer windows, which are covered in vinyl siding, an interior brick chimney, and has six-over-six wood sash windows throughout with brick soldier course lintels and brick sills. The façade features paired six-over-six wood sash windows with partial brick arches flanking a central, projecting, asymmetrical gabled entrance bay with flared brick wall on the left side and arched door with three individual lights in the upper-half. The entrance is accessed by a half-round brick stair and is sheltered by a metal awning. A brick, double-shouldered exterior end chimney is on the west elevation. The rear elevation features a shed porch at the northwest on square wood posts on a concrete floor."