Strudwick Office, left side. (History of the Town of Hillsborough): early 20th century.
From the National Register nomination:
The Dr. Edmund Strudwick Office is a simple one-story, four-bay, two-room, frame building. It has a stone foundation, weatherboards, six-over-nine wood-sash windows, a replacement metal roof without overhangs, and an interior brick chimney. There are two replacement six-panel doors on the façade, sheltered by a full-width, engaged shed-roofed porch supported by chamfered posts. There is flush sheathing under the porch and a later railing has been removed from the porch. A rear ell was constructed around 1911 and has narrower weatherboards and six-over-nine wood-sash windows [1911 SM]. A gabled addition, which first appears beyond the ell on the 1924 Sanborn map, has German-profile weatherboards, six-over-six wood-sash windows, and a four-panel door on the west elevation that is sheltered by a shed-roofed porch on square columns. A series of additions on the left (east) side of the rear ell were constructed since 1924. The office was built around 1830 by Dr. Edmund Strudwick for his medical office, and stands on the site of Edmund Fanning's law office, which disappeared in the 1780s. It was later the medical office for Dr. W.F. Strudwick then a law office for Robert Strudwick. Attorney Frank Nash inherited it in 1907 and used it as an office and home. Mrs. Frank Nash described it as originally having "two small rooms and a pillared porch." Since 1924 it has been used as a private residence.
07.02.2016 (G. Kueber)